Daw Aung San Suu Kyi 'strategy for Burma. ( 1 April 2012 Elcetion)
High lights of Daw Aung San Suu Kyi's
14 march 2012 by-election Campaign Speech.
Record from Burma Radio Broadcast and MRTV.
The NLD Party accepts the democratic principle that the people has the right to choose
the candidate and party that they prefer. In order to do the right choice,
The campaign speech will assist the people in their decision as to which party to choose.
The NLD party will accept the choice and decision of the people.
The NLD party's policies to serve the people are presented in 3 main topics namely:
1. The rule of law
2. Cessation of Civil War
3. Amendment of the 2008 Constitution.
The judicial system and media kept under the control of government and the population oppressed and living in fear without freedom of expression, under such circumstances democracy cannot be achieved.
1. The Rule of law. Up till now the government controlled the Judicial system and
the nation lives under fear of its power.
To solve the problem
- To immediately dissolve the oppressive laws
- To formulate laws that will protect the people
- The judicial system must be free and fair
- There must be media freedom
- To setup and widen the legal networks that will defend the people
- The judicial system must be in accordance with democratic principle and
must function freely
- Before any guilty verdict, everyone must be regarded as innocent
Everyone including the governing bodies must be under the law.
2. Cessation of Civil War Burma has been engaged in civil war
ever since independence and this has ravaged our country.
To solve the problem
- Nation wide cease fire must come into effect
- Political negotiation talks with ethnic groups
- To fulfill the demands of equal rights, self determination and
formation of federal state according to Constitution.
I firmly believe that our ethnic population will not leave the Union
3. Amending the Constitution The 2008 Constitution must be amended in key sections
that go beyond democratic principles, Serving to keep the military in power.
The NLD party had already indicated the sections of the 2008 Constitution
that should be amended.
One obvious example that the 25% of Parliament representatives
given to military
that are not elected by the people.
This should not be accepted as it is against the democratic principles.
There's no doubt that the armies through out the world are to defend their respective countries including our army,
however, I am convinced that for development of the country,
its participation is indispensable.
The Constitution of a country is contract between the rulers and the people,
therefore if necessary the Constitution must be amendable.
DASSK touched upon the following sectors.
- On International relation and development.
To benefit the people,
- NLD had smooth relation with the developed democratic countries as well as neighbouring countries.
- And also with countries that will assist the development of our country.
- On economy, to establish free and stable market economy under the law.
- On poverty eradication, to guarantee equal employment opportunities to all citizens
- On the problem of budget deficit, to find ways instead of printing moneys
- On monetary system, to cooperate with the IMF, World Bank and International Financial Institutions Daw Suu also touched upon the policies on education and Health sectors, concentrating on compulsory primary education and improvement of health care for the poor. On agricultural sector, Agricultural land and marketing of agricultural products,
Compensation and so on were discussed, and to encourage formation of free farmers Union. Free Trade Unions for workers to be encouraged. Regarding the youths,
as they are the future of the country, will encourage on education and job creation.
To have good standard of education, teachers,
salaries and qualification have to be improved.
Students' Union and Women rights and opportunities will be encouraged.
To eradicate forced labour in cooperation with the ILO.
Daw Suu said that the above mentioned tasks sound nice to listen and whether implementable. She assures that with determination and hard work and with concerted efforts,
They are doable.
Finally Daw Suu urged the people to vote for the NLD and its candidates.
Crated and edited By FBE ( Fourm of Burmese in Europe, 2012 group )