I Am Alive is an upcoming action and survival video game by Ubisoft to be released on the PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and PC.
The game takes place in Chicago after a major-scale disaster with a yet-unknown cause, and tells the story of a man named Adam.
The gameplay is said to focus more on character interaction and problem solving.
The game will also challenge players to make "life-changing decisions". The game was announced at the end of Ubisoft's E3 2008 conference.
Closer inspection of the trailer shows a background advertisement board containing the url www.ruaumoko.com, in reference to Ruaumoko, a Maori god whose movements cause earthquakes.
Further references in the trailer may be the coffee-cup scene from Children of Men, the skyscrapers leaning on each other from Cloverfield and the title of the game similar with the on from the film I Am Legend.
* The game was previously known as 'Alive'.
* I am Alive has been in development since 2005.
* There will be sequel(s).
* The game will be set in first person. Though, there is a possibility for third person gameplay elements. (To be confirmed)
* The game is set in June 2009 and will take place in Chicago (whether partly or fully is unknown), where a 10.3 magnitude earthquake took place.
* You play as a 27-year-old Adam Collins, an usual office worker.
* After the earthquake you'll find yourself trapped in a high building. For 3 days on you will fight your way out in the open.
* After the escape from the building, you'll discover that you're being trapped again. Comes out, during the earthquake Chicago was detached from the main ground and is now a lone Chicago-island swimming in the ocean.
* The game revolves around finding your ex-girlfriend Alice, who may, or may not, be alive. Because you still love her.
* Your second main goal would be to get off the island. The rescue operation failed (or didn't come at all(To be confirmed)), so you're on your own.
* There are enough other survivors to make your life easier...or harder...
You will also have to gather together enough survivors to gain the attention of the government rescue teams.
* The game will leave you several choices: rescue or not, steal or take by force, protect or attack, heal someone or heal yourself (due to the medicine and water being rare). All the choices you make in the game will affect what will happen to Adam and Alice.
* There will be several factions, some of which you can align with, that were formed in the city. You can also befriend other stragglers.
* There will be some kind of a camp, where survivors will gather to share food and sleep safely. The objectives will revolve around the camp at least from time-to-time (bring someone a bottle of water, so the person would not dry up etc).
* At the current moment 3 more characters are known:
*Riley - a young female doctor, she will do her best to help you and other survivors at the camp.
*Virgil - an African-American former solider, he will try to protect the survivors.
*Peter - a disabled ex-firefighter. It was his idea to build a camp.
They will give you information and goals to achieve (Additional quests).
* One of the ways of telling the story of Adam and Alice is through flashbacks. Whether they will be playable or not is unknown.
* The game takes place over 9 days. That means no free-roam after the ending credits. Also the game will open and lock certain areas during your progress through the game.
* There are weapons (Firearms, throwing weapons and everyday things can be used as a weapon too) and you can pick them up and shoot/hurt people. There won't be loads of ammo and health packs though, and the guns themselves are rare.
* You can scare off people with an empty gun, if they don't realize there are no bullets inside.
* You can only aim at one person at a time.
* Water can either replenish health or be thrown away for distraction.
* The cause of the disaster will be revealed throughout the game. (Just a nature disaster???) We'll see...