Fastest Skateboard & Longboard Wheels, Bearings, and Bearing Spacers
Everything you didn't know about wheels, bearings, and spacers.
We take a look at wheel hubs/centers, truck hangers, and bearing spacers.
1. What skateboard bearing spacers are.
2. What bearing spacers do.
3. How bearing spacers work and don't work
4. How wheels and spacers are the wrong size
5. How skateboard wheels and bearing spacers don't fit.
6. How skateboard wheels are made.
7. Why a skate wheel is crooked and slow.
8. How a skating wheel can create speed wobbles.
9. What bearing loads are.
10. How the hanger of a truck can slow down a bearing and the entire board.
11. How skate wheels can be made poorly.
12. How a manufacturer of both skate wheels and bearings make their products fit incorrectly.
This video shows in detail how bearing spacers and skate wheels are manufactured with conflicting sizes and rarely work in conjunction. You'll see how a bearing binds up and functions inefficiently.
You'll also see how skateboard wheel molds and tools can cause a wheel center to be crooked and effects skateboard wheel and bearing performance. We used a caliper to measure the wheel centers and hubs.
There is also information about how a skate truck hanger and axle also have a dramatic effect on the inside bearing and how it can slow an entire board down. This is caused by extra aluminum from the hanger getting on the axle.
After viewing this video you'll discover that skateboard manufacturing is not always precise or of high quality. It's time for skateboard consumers to look for quality over brand name. Don't settle for pop out products that brands know you'll buy. Avoid being brand-washed. Demand quality and stay away from pop out products.